Saturday, October 25, 2008

Lazy Day Watching The Feeders

Today has been pretty active around my feeders. I have been watching on and off since early this morning. I have safflower in my hopper feeder, on my tray and in my tube feeder because of the grackles and blackbirds. I have oil sunflower in my mesh feeder and in my ball feeder. Then I have millet on the ground and in my ground tray feeder. I've also got a suet log with suet in it. The cardinals, Carolina Chickadees and Eurasian Collared Doves have been hitting the safflower this morning. The chickadees have also been on the oil sunflower. House Sparrows have been on the millet on the ground. So far I haven't seen any winter sparrows. The Carolina Wrens have been on the suet log quite a bit. I'm hoping to attract a woodpecker or sapsucker this winter. I'm probably not going to put any thistle out this year because it's so expensive. I'll probably just enjoy the goldfinches at my oil sunflower. They'll find it. I've enjoyed being able to just sit and watch the birds around my feeders this morning!

No comments: