Saturday, October 25, 2008

Birds I've Missed This Year

I ran a report on my Birder's Diary and found that I haven't seen 51 species on my property this year. A few of them I wouldn't expect to see every year: Black-throated Blue Warbler, White-tailed Hawk, Black-chinned Hummingbird and Harris' Sparrow. However, I didn't see some that I haven't missed in a year since we've lived here: Wood Thrush, Worm-eating Warbler, Northern Waterthrush, Louisiana Waterthrush, Eastern Screech Owl and Yellow-throated Vireo. There are quite a few that I missed when the year started that I have a good chance to get before the year is out: Greater White-fronted Goose, Ross' Goose, Canada Goose, Anhinga, Osprey, American Kestrel, Brown Creeper, Golden-crowned Kinglet, Chipping Sparrow, Song Sparrow and Eastern Meadowlark. I think I can get my year list to 140 before the year is out without much problem. It will be fun trying!

No comments: