Friday, October 24, 2008

Another Property Bird

It's been a while since I've blogged and quite a bit has happened since then. On Oct. 17, I stepped outside our west door and saw a bird on one of the power lines. I grabbed my binoculars and looked at the Scissor-tailed Flycatcher for a few minutes until a mockingbird came and chased him off. That made Property Bird #135.

I went on a retreat with the jr. high kids from church to the Gulf Coast Christian Youth Camp in Columbus. I woke up early on Saturday and walked down the road to see what I could see. I had a great look at a White-crowned Sparrow. Also, I saw a Bewick's Wren and House Wren. Toward the end of the road, several Song Sparrows flew up and landed on the fence. It was great to see quite a few of the winter residents there.

No comments: