Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sign of Spring

This evening, two male Northern Cardinals were vying for the attention of a female Northern Cardinal. With gusto. They were singing to her and chasing each other off.

After hardly seeing any robins all winter, they showed up today! I got home from the office and there were 40+ robins in my yard feeding. They're coming to my birdbath quite a bit, along with the Yellow-rumped Warblers.

The Carolina Chickadees have found my suet. They have come to my oil sunflower feeders pretty regularly, but they've found the suet now. I just wish the Red-bellied Woodpecker that comes to the trees around my feeders would find it.

I think my family and I are going to visit Anahuac National Wildlife Refuge tomorrow morning to see what ducks are out there. I haven't been out there yet this winter.

No comments: