Friday, May 4, 2007

Another New Property Bird

I realized very quickly today as I entered the woods that today would be the day of the Magnolia Warbler. They were everywhere! I was even treated to their song on numerous occasions. Unfortunately the mosquitoes were so bad that I didn't get to spend nearly as much time in the woods as I would have liked. But, it was a pretty good day even with the irritation of the mosquitoes! I added a new property bird - Golden-winged Warbler - #181! Actually, I saw two on separate occasions. One Kentucky Warbler was singing in the same location he was singing last week.

I'm a little surprised that I have not seen one tanager this spring. Normally I'll get both Scarlet and Summer, but none so far. I also haven't seen as many cuckoos. I wonder why.

Birds seen (40 species): Great Egret, Little Blue Heron, Cattle Egret, Yellow-crowned Night-heron, White Ibis, Red-shouldered Hawk, Eurasian Collared-Dove, Chimney Swift, Ruby-throated Hummingbird, Red-bellied Woodpecker, Eastern Wood-Pewee, White-eyed Vireo, Red-eyed Vireo, Blue Jay, American Crow, Purple Martin, Barn Swallow, Carolina Chickadee, Tufted Titmouse, Carolina Wren, Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, Eastern Bluebird, Gray Catbird, Northern Mockingbird, European Starling, Golden-winged Warbler (FOS & property bird #181), Tennessee Warbler, Northern Parula, Magnolia Warbler, Black-throated Green Warbler, Bay-breasted Warbler, Black-and-white Wabler, American Redstart, Kentucky Warbler, Hooded Warbler, Northern Cardinal, Indigo Bunting, Red-winged Blackbird, Brown-headed Cowbird, House Sparrow

No comments: