Thursday, November 19, 2009

Feeders Are A Little More Active

It seems that the birds are slowly coming back to the feeders. This morning as the sun was just coming up, three Chipping Sparrows were on my ground feeder eating millet. As I watched more, the Yellow-rumped Warblers really got active in the trees behind the house. Several of them came to the bird bath and got a drink. A couple of Eastern Bluebirds came to the bird bath as well. I'm hoping the Yellow-rumped Warblers find the suet I put out. That would be fun to have them coming to a feeder. Two Carolina Chickadees were enjoying the new oil sunflower I put out for them. I'm ready for them to all be back at the feeders all the time!

As I was going to my car to leave for work, a flock of about 10 American Robins flew overhead. Those were the first ones I've seen this fall. I need to get down in the woods and see what has shown up. Maybe on Monday.

No comments: