Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Property Bird #189!!!

Today as I was working in my garage, I looked out in the yard and saw the familiar silhouette and walk of two American Pipits. I have wondered why I had never seen them in my yard, since they seem to like short grassy areas. I would see them at the Cedar Hill Park on the north shore of Lake Charlotte every year. So, I finally got American Pipits for my property list.

Another surprise was looking out at my feeders and seeing a yellow parakeet sitting on the fence behind them. He stayed there for a few minutes and flew off just before I was able to get the camera to take a picture. Maybe he'll be back.

The House Sparrows are increasing in numbers very quickly. I may need to get my trap out again soon.

On Sunday, I looked up and saw 20+ Tree Swallows flying overhead. It's kind of surprising to see swallows here in the winter, but Tree Swallows stay and I see them every winter.

No comments: