Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Year Property Bird #138

On Sunday I was outside for most of the afternoon and saw my first flock of geese fly over. Most of them were Snow Geese, but I got my binoculars out and found a few Ross' Geese flying with the flock as well. The Ross' Goose made 138 property birds for the year. The Yellow-rumped Warblers are thick in the hackberry tree behind the house. I've also seen several Eastern Phoebes around. A Northern Flicker is in the trees to the west of our house quite a bit. I haven't had much of an opportunity to get out birding on the property. I'll be out quite a bit in the coming weeks, but unfortunately I'll have a chainsaw and be working to clear the fence line of the trees and limbs that were blown down on it during the hurricane. Maybe I'll get a chance to do a little birding while I take a break from work.

I'll be in Bandera this weekend hopefully seeing some western birds I haven't seen this year. I probably won't see many that I haven't seen since I was in Leakey earlier in the summer. But, maybe I'll get some winter sparrows that I didn't see then.

No comments: