Saturday, December 8, 2007

Some Winter Activity

We've had a few winter birds showing up around the feeders here. I had four American Goldfinches this past week. They came to the finch feeders several times. I haven't seen them in a few days, though. I hear them calling occasionally from the trees. Two Chipping Sparrows have been visiting my ground feeder where I have put millet. They also hang out in the tallow tree in our front yard with the Yellow-rumped Warblers and Eastern Bluebirds. One of my favorite winter birds is the Yellow-bellied Sapsucker that comes to my suet log. He showed up last year and has started coming again this year. So far I haven't had a White-throated Sparrow visit my feeders. I wish I had more time to go walking in the woods to see what is showing up down there.

No comments: