Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Property Bird #200 - Finally!

On Sunday, Nov. 27, I was sitting down at the new pond watching for a huge hog that has been down there.  I had backed the four wheeler up near the pond to try and get out of the strong north wind.  A Marsh Wren was hopping around in the cattails growing in the pond.  He gave me some great looks.  I wasn't sure if I had seen one before on the property.  I put it in my bird listing program, I ran a report and saw the number 200 on it.  So, eight years, three months and 24 days after we moved here, I finally saw my 200th property species.

Project FeederWatch week three was pretty much like the first two weeks.  I was able to add a Ruby-crowned Kinglet to the list of birds that come to the feeders.  There is one that is consistently on the Bark Butter log.  The Red-bellied Woodpeckers have found the Bark Butter as well.  I'm looking forward to the Pine Warblers and American Goldfinches coming.  According to my records, I should see Pine Warblers showing up next week.  The goldfinches should show up at my feeders within the next couple of weeks.   

No comments: