Saturday, January 12, 2008

From The House This Morning

Still feeling a little weak, I decided not to try and push myself too much by doing any active birding this morning, so I went from window to window in my house with binoculars in hand. I was treated to quite a show from the birds. I added four to my property list just from the little while I watched out the windows. So, two birds a day for the first twelve days of the year means I'm on pace for 730 on my property list by Dec. 31! (Something tells me that won't be happening!)

One of the nicest birds I saw today was a really nice looking Pine Warbler flitting around in the cedar trees along our driveway. Several Yellow-rumped warblers were in those trees as well, as were lots of American Goldfinches.

I'm looking forward to feeling better and getting down in the woods to do some "real" birding!

'08 Property List as of Jan. 12: 24

No comments: