Friday, August 3, 2007

Juvie Bluebirds and others

The juvenile bluebirds are flying around and feeding a lot in the yard today. They are starting to get some really blue feathers in their tails and wings. They still look like juveniles on their head and breast. I only see two of them at a time. So, the other two are either somewhere else or didn't make it.

I put some seed in my feeders today and within five minutes a male cardinal and a Eurasian Collared-Dove were feeding. I have my suet out warming up so I can put some in my suet log for the Carolina Wrens.

Still no increase in the numbers of hummingbirds. I am going to move my pole to the front yard tomorrow and hang two or three feeders to see if anything comes to them yet. I always get really excited this time of year in anticipation of the hummingbirds' arrival. I know that by the time they leave in October I'll be ready for them to go because of having to mix up so much sugar water, but they are fun while I have them here!

No comments: